Hourglass Fitness Club Ltd Terms & Conditions
1.1. Your membership will begin on the day you join.
1.2. When paying by Direct Debit, an initial payment will be required to cover the period up to your first DD payment.
1.3. Your membership is personal to you. You cannot transfer it to another person.
1.4. If Hourglass Fitness Club Ltd or the bank/building society makes a mistake with your direct debit payment you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your bank/building society.
2.1. You must pay a monthly membership which will be determined by your chosen membership package.
2.2. Monthly instalments will be due on a set date of each calendar month or the next available working day by Direct Debit.
2.3. We may change the amount of your monthly payments. If we do we will write to you at the address you have given us 14 days before the changes take place.
2.4. Monthly fees are payable even if you do not use the centre.
3. Cancelling Your Membership
3.1. Memberships cannot be cancelled prior to the agreed contract length that you have signed up for and the last payment has been made. A contract may be cancelled once the final payment has been made; this requires 30 days notice in writing to Debit Finance (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). A confirmation letter will be sent back. Queries on cancelled memberships can only be dealt with when a copy of this letter is provided. Contact Debit Finance on 01908 422 007
4. Club Rules.
4.1. You must comply with the club rules/etiquette which forms part of this agreement.
4.2. We may change the rules/etiquette at any time. We will post notice of any changes at the centre.
5. Changing the Agreement.
5.1. We can change the agreement at any time. We will give you 14 day’s notice of this change in writing at the address you have given us.
6.1. You are entitled to use the facilities available for your category of membership package.
6.2. You may have to pay additional charges to use certain other facilities/activities at the Centre. You can get a list of these from our reception points. We can change these prices at any time.
6.3. Before using any exercise equipment you must read and sign the Health Commitment Statement/Physical Activity Questionnaire and have a supervised induction session. We can refuse access to the centres facilities if we consider your health maybe adversely affected by the use of such facilities. In such circumstances you will be referred to our GP referral team.
6.4. Centre’s may open/close earlier during public holiday periods. Facilities may also close for occasional special events. Notices will be displayed in the centre in advance notifying customers of any changes. No refunds will be available for these periods.
6.5. We may change the centres opening times or withdraw any of the facilities at any time if we need them for events, tournaments, exhibitions or other special activities.
6.6. We may need to close a facility or part of it for repair/refurbishment on the grounds of health and safety or improving customer service. Fitness classes may also have to be cancelled due to unforeseen instructor unavailability. In the above circumstances we will use our best endeavours to:
6.6.1. Give as much notice as is reasonably practicable by displaying notices in the centre.
6.6.2. Arrange for alternative facilities during a period of closure.
6.7. Your membership does not give you priority over other users or guarantee the availability of facilities.
6.8. Hourglass Fitness Club Ltd management reserve the right to change the activity programme. Prior notice will be given in the centre relating to activity cancellations or the introduction of new sessions.
6.9. Promotions do not apply to existing members.
7. Membership Cards.
7.1. You must submit your membership card at respective reception points when accessing facilities.
7.2. If you lose your membership card we will charge a fee to replace it.
8. Junior Members and Children.
8.1. If you are 16-17 (inclusive) your parent or guardian must sign this agreement on your behalf. By signing this agreement your parent or guardian agrees to be responsible for your behaviour and actions at all times and to pay us any amounts that are due on your behalf.
We want you to have the most enjoyable experience possible as a member of Hourglass so we respectfully ask to you to oblige to our club rules.
- You must conduct yourself in a quiet, well-mannered fashion at all times.
- All users should dress appropriately at all times.
- Members must wipe down machines/equipment after use and put equipment away.
- All lost property is kept for a period of 6 weeks before being disposed of.
- Hourglass Fitness Club Ltd is not liable for the loss or theft of any personal belongings. For security reasons and for the benefit of all members, all lockers must be emptied at the end of each session. All lockers will be checked and emptied at the end of each day. Any items found will be held in lost property for 6 weeks.
Health and Safety
- Smoking is not permitted on the Hourglass Fitness Club site.
- All customers must inform staff of any medical condition which may affect their use of the facilities.
- Whilst using the facilities all members are responsible for their own health.
- The opening times may be subject to change. Changes in the timetable may affect usage of the facilities.
- Hourglass recommend the booking of classes. Classes can be booked up to 6 days in advance. Members can book online or can be booked in by telephone or in person. Members who fail to attend booked classes repeatedly will be subject to a £2 fine. Cancellations must be received at least 2 hours in advance.
- The management of Hourglass Fitness Club Ltd reserves the right to cancel any membership in breach of rules or conduct which in the view of the management is offensive to customers and / or staff or represents a health and safety danger.